1. Send me an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on the phone, 0 177 409 8465. If you call and I am not there, please leave a message and I will get back to you as soon as possible. If you live in Potsdam or Berlin or aren’t too far away ask me to set up an appointment so you can come by the shop and check out first hand what I’m up to. I can also measure you personally to fit your frame. Please feel free to visit me even if you haven’t decided to purchase a frame from me. I enjoy showing people my shop and would love to have you visit me!
2. Tell me about your dream bike! Some people have a very specific idea of what they want. In that case the more you can tell me the better. On the other hand some people really like what I do but don’t have a very specific vision of what their custom frame should look like. I love it when people love what I do and let me be relatively free with the build.
3. Measure your body using my fit kit and send me the results. You’ll need a friend, a book, and a pencil. Measure twice to be sure the numbers are ok!
4. In a few days I will get back to you with the first suggestion for your frame geometry. We might go back and forth a couple of times with this, or you might be happy and we can move on to the next step. Once we are both happy, 50% of the frame cost is due before I can get started.
5. Current wait time for a frame is 2-3 months from the time I receive the deposit. If you like I can send you pics of the build process as it goes along, some people print these poster size and have them framed! Once the frame is done, the balance on the bill is due, and I prep the frame for shipping. If you live in Germany you’ll have it in a couple of days! If you order a complete bike, the balance is due 4 weeks before the expected ship date so that I have time to stock the parts before the frame is finished. Many of the boutique brands you see on my bikes are imported directly from the manufacturer in the USA and shipping takes a minimum of two weeks and occasionally up to four.